Monday, August 15, 2011

blissmobox review

blissmobox
My July blissmobox:
EDIT 8/16/11: The fabulous folks at Blissmobox saw my blog and are offering Eat Your Veggies readers a discounted subscription rate!  By using this link, and entering "EatYourVeggies" as the referral code, you get 50% off a 2 month subscription.  Thanks blissmo!  Offer expires 8/25.  http://www.blissmo.com/blissmobox-exclusive2/

What: A fabulous, new way to try organic, eco-friendly products without spending a fortune.  Costs $19/month and you receive about $30+ in products.

Why: Instead of wandering around stores like Whole Foods, not sure what new food to try, these are hand-selected and tested eaten by a small team of people.


How: http://www.blissmo.com/member-referral  You get your first box at a discounted rate of $11.  (Don't be shy, you can use me as your referral segill18@hotmail.com ).  Then mid-way through the month, you'll get an email with your choice of themed boxes for the month.  I chose the snack box vs eco-friendly products last month, but through live chat with their staff Andrew (who was incredibly friendly and personable, I have to say!), I heard next month there will be a choice between 4 different boxes....can't wait!!
*Note. Not being paid to endorse this, just loved it so much I had to share a review!!*

Let's review the goods:

























Clockwise from top left:
RARE FRUIT CHERRIES: Half sweet, half tart dried cherries bake dried with no pesticides, herbicides or antibiotics.  My favorite part of these is the only ingredient is....wait for it....organic cherries!  A lot of dried fruit is laden with sugar and preservatives, but not these.
Rating 3 1/2 ****

OLOMOMO NUTS Chai Bliss Almonds:  A sweet little treat with the subtle taste of chai (tea).
Rating 3***

JUSTIN'S CLASSIC & HONEY NUT BUTTER:  Both delicious, natural-tasting nut butters that actually taste like nuts, not oil.  The one-serving pouches are great for packing in lunches too.
Rating 4****

BUMBLEBAR in AMAZING ALMOND:  Holy guacamole this is good!  Brown sugar, sesame, almonds all nestled in one thin snack bar.  Gluten-free, dairy-free means it's easy for everyone to enjoy.  I like that the ingredients are bought from co-ops and small farms to make this bar, too.  It's a good afternoon snack, curbs my hunger more than a little granola bar.
Rating 5*****

SURF SWEETS SOUR BERRY GUMMIES:  These little guys are made with organic fruit juice, no corn syrup, GMOs, gluten or animal by-products.  I love gummies, but most have gelatin and aren't vegetarian friendly.  These make me want to dive in and eat half the bag!  An added bonus is they give you 100% of your daily dose of Vitamin C.  Just sayin'.
Rating 4 1/2 ****

PURITY ORGANIC LEMONADE & ICED TEA: This was an easy one to love because I'm an Arnold Palmer kind of girl.  Why is this special?  It's real lemonade (not from concentrate) and real brewed black tea.  You can actually taste both in here.  I already ordered a case on Amazon, if that is any indication.
Rating 5*****

ALLGOOD PROVISIONS ORGANIC BANANA CHIPS: Hands down, my favorite product of the box.  I tried these the day they arrived and they didn't last long.  My roommate had a bag of Trader Joe's Banana Chips in the house, so I did my own little taste test.  These won, no contest.  (Sorry TJ's, I still love you.)  The only negative is finding them in the store.  I've been to several Whole Foods and other grocery stores and can only locate them online so far.  Leave a comment if you have better luck than I!
Rating 5*****

Enjoy!


3 comments:

Megazine said...

I will be signing up this week.

Maggie said...

This sounds amazing and it's actually affordable! Are the tastes and textures easy to get used to for none veggie eaters?

Shannon said...

Maggie, they are. None of it is weird stuff!